While we’re awaiting final guidance from the school district regarding how we’ll be able to recognize sponsors at the Rink site, we’re very pleased to report that the district has identified a new site for the Rink on-campus (due to safety concerns and  long-term campus design considerations the previously identified site adjacent to Memorial Field was deemed unsuitable and a new site had to be identified). We hope to have more to share regarding donor recognition options (which will require DTSD board review/approval) by late March, 2022.



Related to the initial RINK site that was under consideration (which would have involved improving/expanding an existing paved site), we raised $27,000 against a $20,000 goal. The initial estimate to pave the surface of the new proposed site (which is completely grass) came in at $67,000.  A determination regarding the need, extent and cost related to storm water management cannot be made accurately at this point in time, but the school district will be covering that cost in association with other campus projects.

 The JSF board will be meeting following a school district decision regarding recognition to discuss next steps for the RINK project.  In the meantime, if you have any ideas or suggestions, we’d love to hear from you.


Thanks for your generosity and patience as we continue the journey!